Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Maybe it's a Texas thing....

But size does matter! (no pun intended!)....we are living in a two bedroom condo right now with a small kitchen and living area. We have 27 inch TV in the living room, a couch, two chairs, bathroom with all the essentials....yet I feel cramped. I sit here watching my girls play with the toys I shoved in a totebag for them and I feel cluttered and cramped. Why is this? When did I get so used to space? Then I feel guilty because there are probably millions of people who live in a home this exact size or smaller..possibly with more kids! I'm blaming Texas...where the mentality is "bigger is better"....portions of food, houses, lot sizes, etc....it's just bigger. I like space...I like large closets...and large bathrooms...and large open kitchens.

Which brings me to my next topic..househunting in Sequim. WOW. It was a rough one....not to mention we did it all "sight unseen." I thank my friend Becca who lives there now for being my eyes since I'm not there to see everything. We wanted a four bedroom house, at least 2 bathrooms, at least 2000 sq ft (and even that seems small to me...don't judge!). But finding a four bedroom home in Sequim is like finding a needle in a haystack. Seriously. They don't make them. It's also hard to find new construction or a home built in the last 20 years. So we were in culture shock immediately. We saw wood paneling, brown shag carpets, olive green porcelain bathtubs, etc.....I was ready to tell Jim to retire.

Then one night, I couldn't sleep and I logged onto AHRN (housing website for military members) and I found a house!!! My heart stopped....it was a 3 bedroom (plus a loft), 3.5 bath, 2600 sq ft house...holy mother of God!!! YES!!!! SPACE!!!! When I looked at pictures of it, I started giggling out of shock....stainless steel appliances!!! Gas range!!! Three levels!!! Wood flooring throughout!!! Living room, loft, and family room!!! Just one bedroom short, but no biggie. It's gorgeous...so updated...we jumped on it so fast and we got it!!! Here are pics of our new house.

It's so pretty inside....spacious....so knowing we have this little sweet house to move into makes me so excited. I can't wait to decorate for fall...and put up Christmas lights...and set up our tree. It's a cute little neighborhood (Becca took pics for us all entire area and all the local houses)..very clean..lots of flowers, etc. So this will be home sweet home!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT ERICA!! So happy for you! Can't wait to see you in a week ! EEEKK :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess!!! I know...I can't wait! Yesterday in the car Madison was singing "Thrift Shop" and I thought of you and Ness....be ready for some fun!!!

    ReplyDelete